Monday, November 16, 2015

KDP Select...a little disappointed (Beginning Writer)

So, a few months ago I posted about my initial thoughts about KDP Select.  I loved the way it showed how many pages were read, letting me know that people were picking up my book and reading it in about one or two days. 

Now, after the three months of my KDP Select run, I have to say I'm a little disappointed.  The main reason I joined KDP Select was to get honest reviews about my book.  I want more people to read and hopefully like it.  I saw other books of the same genre go on KDP Select and garner many reviews, thus I tried it as well.

In the first week, I got a review and it was good, which was good.  Yet, that was the only review that I got during the whole three months.  On top of that, the earnings I recieved were less than half of what I had been making before KDP Select, and those earnings weren't anything to shout about. 

Summary:  I sold less and didn't get more reviews

On to new ways of advertisement.  Here's to learning as you go!  :) 


P.S.  The paperback is coming soon, along with a book of short scary stories.  Book two is completed, but I'm busy with work now and will have to edit it again before publishing.  Look for it sometime early next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment