Sunday, January 1, 2017

How to save money on razors

Razor blades are expensive, anyone that shaves with them knows this.  If you don't take care of them, then you have to replace them or else suffer the nicks and ingrown hairs that result from a blade that hasn't been well cared for.


So, how do you take care of your blades so that you can use them for around a month or more before replacing them?  Here's what I found to work...






If the blade has a strip (like aloe) use it once, then take the strip off.  If you keep trying to use it then the strip dries out and gets bumpy and then ruins your smooth clean shave.


After using your blade to shave, put it in a cup of clean water (filtered or bottled) until the next time you shave.






I believe this works because, if you leave your blade out to dry, then white stuff will appear on it...by white stuff I mean the calcium or metal that comes from the tap water...It's the same reason the glass of your shower or mirror gets dirty after getting wet and then air drying. 
So, your razor blade dries, but the white powder remains on it and hardens, then your blade is bumpy and results in a bumpy shave that cuts your skin and results in more ingrown hairs. 


I use my blade for a month or more, without any problems.  I might be able to use it longer, but I eventually see a little rust development on the edges and decide that it is time to replace the blade, I don't want to get tetanus from shaving. 






This is an example of the glass I keep my razor in.

This is a close up of an old razor.  The blades have white build up on them but it has lasted over a month.

Here's a pic of a new razor so you can see the difference.

I scratched off some of the white stuff so you can see what I'm talking about.  I rarely ever clean the handle.



No comments:

Post a Comment